What Happened....

Thursday, July 14, 2016

A few weeks ago, I was in my car listening to "Automatic" by Miranda Lambert 




and it had me thinking about how so much has changed and wanting somethings to go back how it used to be..

 


I mean, I'm a 20 something year old girl who remembers getting encouragement cards in the mail or I remember writing letters and mailing them off and now we're on facebook and we've got our eyes on a tiny little screen. 

I mean just a few days ago I was looking on Instagram and came across Carrie Underwood posting this:


It's weird to me that kids now days don't even know that at one time you put a quarter in to make a phone call...All kids know these days is wireless internet and there you have it...you're into a whole different world of INSTAgram, Twitter, Facebook, Iphones (instant text messaging)...



My point is I wish everybody (myself included) would take the time to actually sit down and write a letter to somebody( I mean everything is on a computer...I mean for heaven's sake what happened to a good ole pen/pencil  and paper) and put a stamp on it...I mean who doesn't like receiving things in the mail that aren't bills. 

Also what did happen to guys who called girls for a date? What happened to having an actual conversation? What happened to having dinner around the table? What happened to......

Everything is so INSTANT...Maybe it's just me....this might be a silly post but it just amazes me how everything is so different than it was just about 10+ years ago...

No comments

Post a Comment