Tuesday Spiel: BOOKS:January Book Review + February Books

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Man, I can't believe how fast this month has gone by! In case you are just now finding this silly blog... let me first WELCOME YOU, and 2nd let me share with you that I chose a few books to read for January. 

If you're a fan of Reese Witherspoon + reading  and are on Instagram, you should follow:

Reese's Book Club X Hello Sunshine
Hello Sunshine



***Disclaimer: I originally planned to read three books, but in between working, church, and just life itself, I wasn't able to read all three 😞  *** 


 Here is my JANUARY 2019 BOOK REVIEW 

The FIRST was 

My Story by Elizabeth Smart 


 I don't really cry at sad movies or anything like that, but in My Story, Elizabeth Smart goes into graphic detail about being in captivity by her abusers (from the night she was taken to being rescued) and at every turn of a page I wanted to CRY my eyes out... If you like reading things that are based on true stories then I would recommend this.  It's awful and inspiring at the same time.
**************************************************************************************

NEXT, on my list was Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis. I had no idea who Rachel Hollis was until I got to looking on Instagram. A few of my friends followed her, so I checked her out, and didn't think much more about it until I was getting ready to go out of town and my mom mentioned getting a few books for our roadtrip. I love that Rachel encourages us women to get off our butts,quit making excuses and do the things that make us happy as well as how to treat one another. Give a little grace....

I love that this book gets you motivated!  Also, if you don't follow her, she is coming out with another book called Girl,Stop Apologizing!! Stay Tuned for a review on that!! 
**************************************************************************************
LAST ,but certainly not least on my list to read for January was Nicholas Spark's novel Every Breath. Between work,church,bible study and other stuff, I wasn't able to get to this book. 

NOW, on to February Books!!! 


*I may add to this list, so please check the tab for 2019 Books!


In my Friday Favorites post I talked about this:

A friend posted this to her Insta Story and I thought I'd take a look and see if it was something I even wanted to read, and LADIES, do yourself a favor and get on AMAZON or go wherever you get your coffee,tea and PICK UP this book!!! I just started it!! 




While I was looking at Rachel Hollis' book I came across this one by Lysa Terkeurst....Have you ever felt, It's Not Supposed to Be This Way? 



To see what I'm reading or going to read in the future, follow along on my  Goodreads account!! 

Yesterday's Post

Weekend Recap:Food Edition

For previous posts on Tuesday Spiel:

Leather Edition

TOMORROW:

On Tomorrow's lineup: It's What's Up Wednesday with Sheaffer (Sheaffer Told Me To)& Shay (Mix & Match Mama)!! 



Have a wonderful Tuesday!! 

No comments

Post a Comment