Academy of Country Music Awards

Wednesday, April 3, 2013
The Academy of Country Music Awards are on this Sunday (3/7) on CBS!!  Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan are hosting live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas!





Here is the list of nominees and I'll tell you who I think will/should win! But before that I must say that I'm looking forward to the George Strait and Garth Brooks Dick Clark tribute!!


And Nominees for Entertainer of the Year are:

  • Jason Aldean
  • Luke Bryan
  • Miranda Lambert
  • Blake Shelton
  • Taylor Swift

My Thoughts: While I would love for Miranda Lambert or Taylor Swift to take the trophy home, I think it will be Blake Shelton. Here's Why: Blake Shelton has been a judge on NBC's The Voice, has been in numerous magazines (I believe I saw that face in Women's Health?), and has a new album that just came out titled Based on A True Story...The first single "Sure Be Cool if you Did reached #1 on the Country Airplay chart.

You can purchase

Male Vocalist of the Year Nominees Are:

  • Jason Aldean
  • Luke Bryan
  • Eric Church
  • Toby Keith
  • Blake Shelton

My Thoughts: I honestly think any of these guys except Toby Keith could take this one home. Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Eric Church and Blake Shelton have had incredible years. If I had to pick one it would be a toss up between Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton. This one's tough.

And the Nominees for Female Vocalist Are:

  • Miranda Lambert
  • Martina McBride
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Taylor Swift
  • Carrie Underwood
My Thoughts: Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood are all GREAT artists that I personally love for different reasons. I love Miranda Lambert and newbie Kacey Musgraves(she was on Nashville Star where she finished 7th) because they are talented and are from my home state of Texas, but putting that aside I believe they are great songwriters as well as performers. I love they say what they think and feel. I Love Carrie Underwood and Martina McBride for the people they are and boy do they both have incredible voices. Carrie has come a long way from her days on American Idol to having another great album with Blown Away. I do think all of the songs are great on Blown Away but aren't some of them so dark? Maybe that's just me. As a persona and artist Martina McBride is truly amazing, but I don't think she has had a song besides "I'm Gonna Love You Through It" to really earn her this award. As for Taylor Swift I think since her first album she has been singing the same thing over and over again. It kind of frustrates me because I do think she has so much more potential in songwriting if she could just get on another subject besides boys. I mean she is past her teenage years. Doesn't she have other things to talk and write about? Okay, so if I had to pick just one to take Female I'm going to go with...drum roll...My girl Carrie Underwood!


Photo Founded on carrie-underwood.org (photoshoots 2013)



And the Nominees for Vocal Duo of the Year Are:
  • Big and Rich
  • Florida Georgia Line
  • Love & Theft
  • Sugarland
  • Thompson Square

My Thoughts: I think this one's easy I'm going to say Thompson Square. Their new album is titled Just Feels Good I love new duo Florida Georgia Line and their sound but they haven't been out long enough or in the spotlight long enough for me to think they'll take this one. As for Big and Rich and Sugarland I think both duos have taken some time off for family and solo projects and mommy duty(Jennifer Nettles).

The Nominees for Vocal Group of the Year Are:

  • The Band Perry (New single is "Done")
  • Eli Young Band
  • Lady Antebellum (New single is "Downtown")
  • Little Big Town  (New single is "Your Side of the Bed")
  • Zac Brown Band

My Thoughts: The Band Perry is probably my favorite out of the nominees here. I Love "Better Dig Two". I also love Little Big Town's last single "Toronado".  I'm going to say The Band Perry.


And the Nominees for New Male Vocalist Are:

  • Lee Brice
  • Brantley Gilbert
  • Hunter Hayes

My Thoughts: My pick is Brantley Gilbert


And the Nominees for New Female Vocalist Are:

  • Jana Kramer
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Sunny Sweeney


My Thoughts: Well...Well.. Here are two girls who are from Texas and one that is not. That's cool. I like all their music I love Jana's "Whiskey", Kacey's "Merry Go Round" and Sunny Sweeney. My pick will go to who the fans might know the best which is Jana Kramer who has appeared on "One Tree Hill".


And the Nominees for New Vocal Duo or Group of the Year are:
  • Floida Georgia Line
  • Love & Theft
  • Thompson Square

My Thoughts: Thompson Square. End of story.


For a complete list of nominees visit acmcountry.com! Some of the presenters include Scotty McCreery, Jake Owen, Sheryl Crow, Kacey Musgraves, Nancy O'Dell, and Miranda Lambert. Performers include: Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum,Little Big Town,George Strait, and Luke Bryan.


No comments

Post a Comment