A Dash of Real Life:Finding My Calling In Life

Thursday, October 1, 2015

A DASH OF {REAL} LIFE


~A Dash of Real Life is where I'm going to show a different part of my life. Sharing fun parts of my life is great, but we all struggle and I am no exception. If I can help someone by sharing about my own struggles. It will all be worth it.~


Finding my calling in life hasn't been easy for me. I don't think it is for a lot of people….


After high school, I graduated in 2009, I thought I would give college a TRY. It was good, except for having to take Algebra, which I'm TERRIBLE at. After struggling for so long and seeing my grade I just simply threw in the towel. What's so disappointing to me is that I really wanted to go to college  and get my degree in some type of journalism. Whether it be Broadcast or print that's what I was leaning towards, but of course it didn't end up going as planned. 

Fast forward to the last couple of years, I worked in retail. Don't get me wrong when I say I LOVE FASHION, I REALLY, REALLY REALLY DO, but working in retail made me think about how much I did love it. Maybe what made me not like it as much is because I was in a department that I knew next to nothing about. Had I been in the Women's or Home department of Dillard's, I think I would loved it more. Who knows?! What I do know is that RETAIL is NOT my calling. It took two years to find this out. 

All the while I was working there at Dillard's, I was thinking about how I could get out. So with that said, I went to school (a very short time) to be a esthetician (a person who does facials and waxes).  I love getting facials and honestly thought it would be something easy to learn. Some things were and some things weren't. I will say this learning to give a facial and having one done are two different things. DUH! I wish I would've listened to my mom when she said, "Do your research."  Well after about two weeks I knew this wasn't my career path that was going to be in my future.

So, here I am about 9 months later….I'm still searching. I just received a job at a local doctor's office. We'll see how it goes. I'm praying and hoping it works out.


A DASH OF REAL LIFE

Singleness
Finding My Calling in Life

No comments

Post a Comment